MassDOT project officials have notified the Town of Concord of an access restriction from Route 2 to Sandy Pond Road beginning next Tuesday 5/28 and lasting through Friday 5/31. This closure is necessary to allow for a substantial excavation of Sandy Pond Road, up to 10' in cut, along with the installation of a new gas main. The details are as
- Date of closure: 5/28/13 through 5/31/13
- Hours of work: 7:00 A.M. to 5:30 P.M.
- Sandy Pond Road will be closed at Route 2 and at Baker Bridge Road.
- There will be No access from Route 2.
- Abutters/Police/Fire will have access to Sandy Pond Road at Baker Bridge Road.
- Sandy Pond Road will be detoured to Baker Bridge Road to Route 126 to Route 2 East.
- Route 2 eastbound will be detoured east to Bedford Road to Sandy Pond Road. Detour signs will be installed.
- A message board has been installed along Sandy Pond Road beginning on Thursday 5/23/13 to provide advance notice.
- A police detail will be stationed at Sandy Pond Road/Baker Bridge Road during hours of shut down.
- Sandy Pond Road will be opened nightly at 5:30 PM and traffic will run on gravel through the work area.
- Drake Park Road will have direct access to Route 2.