Joanne Gibson (Chair), Annette Bagley, Lola Chaisson, Susan Clark, Mary Clarke, Marion Grabhorn, Murray Nicolson, Sandy Smith, and Marian Thornton
Heywood Meadow holds a special place in the hearts and minds of Concord citizens. Among various parties involved in working on plans for a new restroom/visitor center facility in conjunction with the restoration of Heywood Meadow, it was suggested that the NRC consider appointment of a “Heywood Meadow Stewardship Committee”, modeled in part on the successful Mattison Field Stewardship Committee.
The NRC discussed and endorsed the ideas at its July 19, 2000 meeting. It is envisioned that the Heywood Meadow Stewardship Committee will assist and support the Commission in an advisory fashion with respect to decisions about the management and future of the Heywood Meadow.
The Committee’s initial charges are:
1. Develop a proposal for NRC consideration for restoration/landscaping for the Heywood Meadow (both sides of Heywood Street, including Lot 3).
2. Consider what approvals are necessary from applicable Town Boards to move forward with these plans (BOS, NRC, HDC, etc.).
3. Work with the NRC, Town Manager, and Town staff to submit plans for needed approvals.
4. Work with the NRC and Town staff to submit appropriate grant applications for restoration (important deadlines in October) and potential long-term maintenance.
5. Once the Lot 3 land has been transferred to the care of the NRC, assist and advise the NRC and staff in carrying out restoration.
6. In support of the NRC’s care and oversight of Town conservation lands, act as long-term stewards of the meadow in the future.
Calendar 2013 Meeting Dates
May 9th (Water & Sewer Bldg Conference Room, 135 Keyes Road)
All meetings will be from 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
141 Keyes Road, First Floor Meeting Room