Catherine Perry (Chair), Kathy Angell, David Bell, Peter Farrow, and Lydia Rogers
The CRSC was appointed in 2005 by the Board of Selectmen to provide responsible management and care of the more than 110 conservation restrictions on as many properties within the Town.
Responsibilities: The Committee provides stewardship of Conservation Restrictions (CRs) that are granted to the Town of Concord. In order to conduct the careful and responsible management of conservation restrictions entrusted to the Town, the CRSC will:
1. Develop a protocol for collection of baseline data and annual monitoring of Town held CRs.
2. Contact and develop a positive working relationship with property owners whose land is subject to a CR. The Town is grateful for the contribution of the CR’s and so, wants to ensure that this process remains positive and does not become a demotivating process.
3. Collect baseline documentation of CRs.
4. Organize information about CRs in an easy to maintain format (including electronic database and GIS-based mapping layers).
5. Conduct regular and routine monitoring of CRs.
6. Write a report with findings which will be provided to the landowner for approval. The landowner will provide their signature as acceptance of report.
7. Identify and recommend to the BOS priority lands for protection.
Membership: The Committee shall be appointed by the BOS. The committee shall be comprised of 7 residents of the Town, one of whom is an acting or prior member of the NRC. A staff member from the Division of Natural Resources office shall also participate, providing guidance and support to the committee.
Reporting: Findings and recommendations shall be presented to the NRC and BOS at least once a year. If compliance issues become evident during a site visit, these shall be noted in the report and presented to the Natural Resources Administrator.
Term: Members of the Committee shall be appointed every three years by the BOS, on a rotating basis, with the option to serve a second 3-year term.
Meetings: The Committee shall meet on a regular basis and as needed to accomplish the goals outlined above.
January 28, 2014
February 25, 2014
March 25, 2014 2nd Floor Conference Room
April 22, 2014
May 27, 2014
June 24, 2014
July 22, 2014
August 26, 2014
September 23, 2014
October 28, 2014
November 25, 2014
December 23, 2014
Meetings are held from 3:00 - 4:30 pm at 141 Keyes Road, First Floor Conference Room
unless otherwise noted above