Town of Concord
Town Governance Study Committee
February 26, 2014 – 8:15 am
Town House Selectmen’s Conference Room
3. Review of Minutes: January 29, 2014
4. Selectmen’s Town Meeting hearing: March 3
• Two relevant petition articles have been distributed
• Do we want to be prepared to make a statement or just attend the hearing?
5. Taking Stock. Where do we go from here?
• Review list of draft preliminary recommendations
• Items still pending
• Are there other items?
• Public Review Process – see memo from Paul, Ned, Sally
6. Further Discussion and possible vote on draft preliminary recommendations: (All these items have been discussed at previous meetings, with no final resolution. Does the Committee want to amend the charter or incorporate these recommendations into bylaws, APPs, or other governance documents?)
a. Committee Appointing Authority, Listing of committees in Charter – see materials from January 29 meeting
b. powers and duties of school committee, town school coordination, school Committee budget process
c. Duties and Powers enumerated in Concord’s Charter – materials from February 12 packet
7. Adjournment – no later than 10:00 am