Skip Navigation
This table is used for column layout.
Welcome to the website for Concord, Massachusetts

Links for Residents
Links for Businesses
Links for Visitors

About Concord
Town Departments
Office Locations
Boards & Committees
Important Documents
Job Opportunities
Online Payments
Employees Only
Subscribe to News
Home Page

Concord, MA Public Access TV

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Frequently Asked Questions
1.  How do I report a pothole?

A.  Call the Highway Division at 978-318-3220 or click here to send us an email.

2.  What are your hours?

A.  The Highway crew works from 7:00 to 3:30.  After hours calls are forwarded to the Police Department who can contact the Highway crew in emergency situations.

3.  What work do you do on private streets?

A.  The Town is not authorized to do any maintenance on private roads.  However, we do plow snow on some private roads as authorized by the Board of Selectmen.

4.  I would like to install a granite post for the mailbox in front of my property, is there any problem with that?

A.  The type and location of mailboxes deserve attention. Stone posts can cause serious damage for pedestrians, bicyclists and motorists if they are inadvertently struck. Mailboxes can also be damaged if hit by a vehicle or snow and ice plowed from streets and sidewalks. It is the Town's policy to replace mailboxes with standard aluminum boxes with wood posts. Please call the Engineering Division at 978-318-3210 if you have any questions about the type or placement of mailboxes.

5.  Will the town remove snow from in front of my driveway?

A.  Due to limited resources and the importance of opening all streets as soon as possible, the Town cannot take the time to remove snow from in front of individual driveways.

6.  What can I do if my street floods during a heavy rain?

A.  Most flooding situations are caused by leaves covering the grates on the drain systems catch basins.  You can best help out by removing the leaves that block them.  If that doesn't work or if there is too much water over them the highway crew can check for blockages in the drain line.

7.  When is the landfill open and what do you accept there?

A.  The landfill is open Saturdays 9-3 from April 1 through mid-December (weather permitting), and the first two Fridays and Saturdays in January for Christmas Tree collection.  You may bring yard-waste.  There is a $5 fee for brush (checks only please).  We also have a paint recycling center where you may bring or take usable latex or oil-based paints.  

Website Disclaimer

Privacy Statement
Virtual Towns & Schools Website